This weeks musicology session focused on the relationship of the Elements of Music to Musical Form. I have asked students to consider the following questions –
- Examples of pieces of music with unusual bar numbers between sections
- Examples of how rhythm delineates form between sections
- Examples of pieces of music which has the same chords for both verse and chorus
- Examples of artist specific sounds
- Examples of texture/instrumentation delineating form
- Examples of how metre delineates form between sections
Examples of how sounds allude toward change of style for an artist
Examples of how sounds indicate a specefic place or time.
Examples of how musical textures outline the lyrics or a title of a song
Any thoughts welcome!
<div style=”margin-bottom:5px”> <strong> <a href=”http://www.slideshare.net/carrp/session-3the-elements-of-music-16223884″ title=”Session 3‘the elements of music’” target=”_blank”>Session 3‘the elements of music’</a> </strong> from <strong><a href=”http://www.slideshare.net/carrp” target=”_blank”>Paul Carr</a></strong> </div>